Intelligence Questionnaire (TEIQue)
What is TEIQue?
The Trait Emotional Intelligence Questionnaire (TEIQue) is a personality assessment
that measures an individual’s Emotional Intelligence potential. It tells you how well
your people understand and manage their emotions, how well they interpret and deal with
the emotions of others, and how they use this knowledge to manage relationships.
It can provide answers to questions such as:
• Do they excel at developing relationships?
• How aware is this person of their strengths and limitations?
• How self motivated and adaptable is this person?
• To what extent does this person modify their behavior to suit changing situations?
• Is this person overly cautious or prone to taking excessive risks?
• How does this person react to pressure?
• Can they control their impulses when under stress?
• How sensitive is this person to other people’s emotions?
• Could this person drive change in the organization?
How can TEIQue help you?
The TEIQue helps you select candidates who can thrive in a changing and
complex “people” environment. Recruiting candidates with the ideal Emotional Intelligence
for their role requirements helps them cope with stress, conflict, low morale and change most effectively.
People leave managers, not companies. Emotionally intelligent managers have high
self-awareness, are excellent communicators and can adapt their natural leadership
style to suit a variety of situations. As a result, their teams tend to be well motivated
and have high morale, which contributes to retaining staff.
The TEIQue creates an environment of understanding that enables you to develop
your managers’ self-awareness. TEIQue results allow senior leaders, OD, HR and
training practitioners to understand the unique training requirements for each
individual and also collate group results to identify opportunities for development
programs for the entire organization.
There is a direct link between the level of open and honest communication from a manager
and how people feel and perform in their job*. Emotional Intelligence is a vital element
of effective leadership, allowing leaders to have excellent self awareness, be skilled
communicators, and adapt their natural leadership style to a variety of people and situations.
*CIPD Employee Outlook, Year Review Summer 2010
What you get
Thomas TEIQue takes 20 minutes to complete and you are provided with a report that shows
the potential for an individual in terms of 4 main factors and 15 distinct facets:
• Facets: Happiness, Optimism, Self-esteem
• Facets: Emotion Regulation, Impulse Control, Stress Management
• Facets: Empathy, Emotion Perception, Emotion Expression, Relationships
• Facets: Emotion Management, Assertiveness, Social Awareness
• Facets: Adaptability, Self-motivation
Along with percentile scores for each facet and factor listed above, the report
provides an overall Global percentile score, which highlights a very broad snapshot
of an individual’s overall Emotional Intelligence. Moving further into the report,
you are provided with a detailed summary of each factor and facet, explaining the
impact of each score and strategies to manage and develop those facets most important
in the role or to the individual.
Click Here for a
© 2002-2012 Thomas International