What is emotional intelligence and why is it important?
Simply put it is how to read the environment and act accordingly.
Much of our work success is based on our skills, knowledge and experience; but another part depends on how we get on with colleagues, managers, staff who report to us, suppliers and customers. We need to understand ourselves and how we appear to other people, as well as understand what makes other people tick.
Emotional intelligence is important in work areas as varied as leadership and management, team and project work and all types of customer relationships.
What is TEIQue?
TG & Associates utilizes the Trait Emotional Intelligence Questionnaire (TEIQue) which is a personality assessment that measures an individual’s Emotional Intelligence potential. It tells you how well your people understand and manage their emotions, how well they interpret and deal with the emotions of others, and how they use this knowledge to manage relationships. It can provide answers to questions such as:
- Do they excel at developing relationships?
- How aware is this person of their strengths and limitations?
- How self-motivated and adaptable is this person?
- Can this person modify their behavior to suit changing situations?
- Is this person overly cautious or prone to taking excessive risks?
- How does this person react to pressure?
- Can they control their impulses when under stress?
- How sensitive is this person to other people’s emotions?
- Could this person drive change in the organization?
How can TEIQue help you?
The TEIQue helps you select candidates who can thrive in a changing and complex “people” environment. Recruiting candidates with the ideal Emotional Intelligence for their role requirements helps them cope with stress, conflict, low morale and change most effectively.
People leave managers, not companies. Emotionally intelligent managers have high self-awareness, are excellent communicators and can adapt their natural leadership style to suit a variety of situations. As a result, their teams tend to be well motivated and have high morale, which contributes to retaining staff.
The TEIQue creates an environment of understanding that enables you to develop your managers’ self-awareness. TEIQue results allow senior leaders, HR and training practitioners to understand the unique training requirements for each individual and also collate group results to identify opportunities for development programs for the entire organization.
There is a direct link between the level of open and honest communication from a manager and how people feel and perform in their job*. Emotional Intelligence is a vital element of effective leadership, allowing leaders to have excellent self awareness, be skilled communicators, and adapt their natural leadership style to a variety of people and situations.
What you get
Thomas TEIQue is accessible online and takes 20 minutes to complete. Once completed, you are provided with a report that shows the potential for an individual in terms of 4 main factors and 15 distinct facets:
- Facets: Happiness, Optimism, Self-esteem
- Facets: Emotion Regulation, Impulse Control, Stress Management
- Facets: Empathy, Emotion Perception, Emotion Expression, Relationships
- Facets: Emotion Management, Assertiveness, Social Awareness
- Facets: Adaptability, Self-motivation
Along with percentile scores for each facet and factor listed above, the report provides an overall global percentile score, which highlights a very broad snapshot of an individual’s overall Emotional Intelligence. Moving further into the report, you are provided with a detailed summary of each factor and facet, explaining the impact of each score and strategies to manage and develop those facets most important in the role or to the individual.
Click here for sample report